Sunday 14 April 2019

Hampton Court Palace

View of Privy Gardens

Real meat being roasted on a spit

The big man himself - King Henry VIII
 While seeming perhaps a little silly the question time with Henry was nicely informative. I now know that he suffered two major injuries from jousting - the second one falling from his armoured horse, which then landed on him, resulting in a 2 hour unconsciousness. This head injury contributed majorly to his declining health and mental state, an effect I am well aware of. Additionally it was presumed he would not live, and the stress of this event may have precipitated the miscarriage of Queen Anne - the miscarriage of a baby boy.

I loved this wall panelling


Of course I found some animals to adore




I was rather taken with this window shutter in William III's bedchamber. When open it lay flush into the wall, and when closed over the window revealed a metal locking bar that was concealed near its hinges

No comments:

Post a Comment