Monday 22 April 2019

Thames Path

Today I hoped to knock off that second piece of Thanks path from Richmond to Windsor, with just a day bag, so I could train back to London and be ready to strike out from Windsor tomorrow. I made a vital miscalculation in the length of the section, expecting it to be maybe 30km but a quick check in OS maps confirmed it would likely be over 40km.
Stubborn as ever I thought I could maybe do it, and certainly 20km ticked by fairly easily, on this beautiful riverside walk. However my feet began to complain about the new shoes at around the 30km mark and when I sat down at the 35 km mark I knew I wouldn't go any further. OS maps suggested I had 6.7km left, googlemaps said 5.3 if I shortcut via the streets. Neither was going to happen. I took a bus.
Tomorrow I will start my walk-proper with multiple blisters on both feet, and sunburn. But hey, at least there's a good view.
Beautiful house-boats, river-boat, and boat houses are found all along the Thames



No comments:

Post a Comment