Tuesday 23 April 2019

My Knapsack on my Back

Today was a perfect day for walking, overcast but warm and no rain. This is the first day of my "walk-proper", with pack on back and no returns, I struck out from Windsor to Maidenhead. I was worried I'd be slowed considerably by my sore feet from yesterday, but in the end I think I achieved a creditable 4-5 km/h, though I don't think I'd have been happy to keep going much further at that pace.
The big blisters on my heels both burst near the start, but are actually feeling a lot more comfortable now, I may consider walking in sandals for a bit tomorrow.
I'm staying at an AirBnb tonight, and have been fed delicious chapati and dahl, and garlic chicken - I am a lucky thing!
Just before Maidenhead the homes on both sides of the river became very affluent

This historic looking castle turned out to be a fancy hotel (with golf course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment